Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Let's Try Again - Another Central Glass Lovely Stem


I had high hopes for my Central Glass Thistle etch cocktail but no luck; the auction expired without a nibble on New Years Day. We're going to try another unusual stem from Central Glass, this time the Floral Trumpets etch champagne sherbet. Even the blank (glass shape) is somewhat uncommon. Floral Trumpets is etch number 22 and the blank is number 364.
My reference book shows this blank in an ad which is how I know what it is! Central Glass had some unusual and very pretty etches. This one is unlike any other with the flower sprays blooming from the trumpet-like shapes.
In 2005 my biggest sales week was between Christmas and New Years and January 2006 was one of my best ever months. In 2006 November and December dragged right until the last week, in fact New Years Eve was as much as the rest of December. Then sales plummeted in January 2007 and stayed low until mid-November. In 2007 December was pretty good and steady, but there was no surge at the end. I saved many of my best - and most expensive - items until after Christmas but they did not sell. We'll try again.

No comments: