Friday, September 26, 2008

Bryce Line 854 Etched Goblet - Stunning Tracery Design


Bryce is not so well known as Cambridge or Fostoria, which is a shame as they made some truly wonderful etched glass. It's interesting that most of my Bryce glass has sold quickly and for good prices, which tells me that those who recognize Bryce or who have pieces already, want to get more.
This particular etching was used on other stemware shapes and one reference I found called it "Paige" when on a different blank. The line number 854 may refer to the blank and not this specific etch.
I bought this on eBay and the photo was not real good leading me to think it possibly was Cambridge Windows Border. The design is somewhat similar to the Cambridge as both have spiral like swirls, but the Bryce lacks the border and is more delicate.
We have this listed on our store Cat Lady Kate's Elegant and Depression Glass. http://www.tias.com/stores/catladykate/

No comments: